About our warranty
It is our mission to provide you with a unique automotive experience by offering innovative products and services that deliver value and ensure your faith in Volkswagen is well-founded.
The pleasure of driving a Volkswagen would not be complete without the peace of knowing your purchase is safe. That is why our extended warranty guarantees that the peace of mind associated with a purchase of a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen continues long after your warranty expires.
This page lists the benefits that our warranty coverage policy provides, the coverage conditions and owner’s responsibilities.
Download (PDF): Extended Warranty Information Booklet
What is covered?
The warranty coverage provides you with a protection against failures of the major mechanical and electrical parts in your Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen.
The Volkswagen Certified Pre-owned Warranty coverage period is vehicle specific and is indicated in the warranty booklet application form, and is typically indicated in the additional details section of the vehicle listing page.
Only Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen vehicles qualify for this warranty, as vehicles should be carefully inspected by an Authorised Volkswagen Importer, who assures that it conforms to Volkswagen Pre-owned vehicles standards.
It is a condition of our warranty that the owner is required to service and maintain the vehicle in accordance with Volkswagen established recommendations as outlined in the original Volkswagen Service and Warranty Information booklet.
For warranty protection scheduled service maintenance must be performed at an Authorised Volkswagen Service Centre, in accordance with the owner's manual. The intervals between services must not exceed the stipulated mileage or time by more than 500 kms or 10 days, unless approved by Volkswagen Middle East. This is to ensure that your vehicle is maintained in accordance with Volkswagen standards.
Please ensure that the vehicle's service booklet is updated and stamped with every scheduled service at your local Volkswagen Authorised Service Centre.
- Take your car to an Authorised Volkswagen Service Centre
- Present your warranty booklet
- The Service Department will diagnose the car
- Authorisation is processed and repairs completed
- Collect your vehicle when requirded repairs are complete
Mobility guarantee: If your car is off the road for a warranty issue, we will offer you a courtesy car.
Warranty repair procedure
In the event that your vehicle requires a repair, the following procedure should be followed:
- Immediately take your vehicle to an Volkswagen Authorised Service Centre. Inform them that your vehicle is covered by Volkswagen warranty
- Present your warranty booklet to the Service Department
- The Service Department will then diagnose the required repair(s) and process for authorisation
- Once the required repairs have been completed, collect your vehicle and sign the warranty repair invoice
- Please note that there may be expenses incurred which do not form part of the warranty coverage, e.g. maintenance items, parts which are not covered, etc. Such costs should be settled directly between you and the local Volkswagen Authorised Service Workshop
The geographical coverage of the "Das WeltAuto" warranty is the country of purchase of the Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen vehicle.
Volkswagen warranty is designed to protect you from the expenses of repairs associated with unanticipated failure of a covered part and/or component as a result of a mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Electrical systems
- Final drive and propeller shaft
- Rear suspension
- Steering system
- Front suspension
- Breaks and ABS
- Fuel system
- Cooling system
- Air conditioning
Our warranty coverage provides you with a protecion against faliures of major mechanical and electrical parts in you Certified Pre-owened Volkswagen.
For a detailed list of parts covered, along with the coverage terms and conditions, please contact you local Volkswagen dealership.
However, there are components or parts in your Volkswagen vehicle that are subject to gradual deterioration or wear as a result of normal driving habits, conditions, or general use of the vehicle. Therefore, coverage of items such as (but not limited to) piston rings, valves and valve guides, suspension bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, drive shaft flex discs and other parts and/or components, as part of the Volkswagen warranty, are limited only to sudden failures.